From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 17:15:21 -0400
Hi everybody

Heather asked two of my favorite questions, because they are both common and
frustrating while easy to solve!

LITTER BOX DUMPING
Go to the hardware store and buy one or two large spring clamps (they look
like giant metal spring-type clothespins).  From the outside of the cage,
clamp the litterbox to the cage bars.  Voila-  no litter box tipping.

FOOD BOWL FLIPPING
Go to the pet store.  In the bird aisle, you will find a variety of bowls
that "lock" onto the side of the cage.  I prefer the stainless steel kind
that fit in a ring, but you need to use a binder clip to keep the ferret
from pushing the bowl out of the ring.  Alternatively, one company is making
a very nice plastic bowl that twists to unlock from it's holder.  Either
way, hang the bowl about 2-3" off of the cage floor so that your ferret
eats with his front feet on the bowl rim- still within easy reach, but high
enough to prevent digging the food out of the bowl.

Best wishes,
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
The Boys:  Beau, Goose, Spikey &
The Original Sage Ferret:  Bean