From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 09:15:45 -0500
Thanks to Pam Greene for enlightening me...I *knew* something about
the BF was different, but I didn't know what.  It smells different,
has a different consistancy, and the ferrets don't like it.  I thought
I had a bad batch.

I looked at the label after reading Pam's post and sure enough, it's
"better tasting."  They've added onion powder, celery extracts, and
corn starch (it's more pastey now).  The "old" stuff was just chicken
and water.

I've stocked up on the "old" formula, but I'm going to try some other
brands.  It's too bad Gerber had to mess around with the formula - seems
to me labeling info is inaccurate - it's no longer just "chicken" or
"turkey".

If you plan to use the new formula, I suggest you get your ferrets used
to it now while they are healthy - I found that by mixing 1/4 new BF with
3/4 old BF, my ferrets adjusted to the taste change much faster.  Before
I realized what was going on, they flat out refused to eat any of it.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Rochester, NY