From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 00:28:30 -0500
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=3162

>I posted a while ago on this - my Quark has little sores all over his
>tail and back legs (along with no fur - he did have a cancerous adrenal
>removed almost a year ago and the fur never grew back.  he'll be 8 in
>May).  I'm going to try just washing it once a day with soap and trying
>something called "udderly smooth".  does anyone have any experience with
>this or "bag balm"?  I was a little concerned with the antiseptic bit of
>the bag balm

Bag balm is very safe stuff - nothing to be concerned about.

Of course, I am still concerned about the possibility of adrenal here -
a couple of pictures would really help.  Adrenal ferrets may develop
dilated blood vessels that aren't really sores over their body, or
dime-sized red marks that disappear after a few days...

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM