From:
Holly Riggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 05:29:26 +0000
I FINALLY received my copy of "Ferrets for Dummies" by Kim Schilling and
have not been able to put it down!  I think it should be REQUIRED READING
for anyone even thinking about adopting a ferret.  I have learned so many
things I never dreamed I needed to know!

But the BEST part is what I discovered before I even started in on
chapter one.  I decided to read the "Praise" section of the book first,
to see what others thought about it.  Then, I went onto the
acknowledgments by the author and publisher.  And I realized that I was
recognizing MANY of the names mentioned...and then it dawned on me..these
contributors to this awesome book were all regular posters on the FML!
And that just blew me away!  I mean, I knew when I joined the FML that I
was dealing with intelligent, knowlegable people, but I had no idea how
many of you are leaders and/or experts in your field and communities!

I am so grateful that I found the FML and that there are good people out
there who take the time out of their busy schedules to be a part of the
wonderful service that is the FML.  You have made me feel so welcome
already, it is as though I am among friends.  And I think I speak for the
rest of us who may not be ferret experts (yet!) , when I say, "Thanks for
your wisdom, patience and unconditional love for our animals that makes
the FML what it is."

I just wanted to take this opportunity to let EVERYONE know that, until a
few days ago, I didn't realize what great company I am in, but I will
never take it for granted again.  Thanks!

~Holly Riggs~
      &
Kabuto: "Mommy is ALWAYS reading that new book! Let's hide it!!"
Delphi: "NO! The picture on the front looks just like me, so it
         MUST be really important!!"