Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:13:00 -0500
Dear Red Ferrets,

It really broke my heart to read your post--I had to skim the bad parts.
So I can understand how hard it must be for you and other shelter people
who try to take care of and find homes for ferrets.  But I think it is
all those IRRESPONSIBLE, UNCARING HUMANS who should be euthanized, not
the ferrets!  I think the majority of people shouldn't have animals OR
children; some shouldn't even have plants.  A lot of people just don't
seem to distinguish between living creatures and inanimate objects in
their homes (and I'm not talking about people with autism).  They get
tired of it or it's sick/broken, just get rid of it.

But please remember that people like you and others who have shelters are
heros who make the world a better place and make up for all those other
people.  Don't you have some experiences of successful adoptions that
might balance the bad ones?  If it hurts too much (I know it would me;
I can barely read or think about it) then you might have to give it up.
Please don't make that decision while you're in the throws of these bad
adoptions.  You obviously started doing it for a reason.  I have so much
admiration, even reverence, for people who run shelters.  I hope you
don't give up.

Shron & Rocky