From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 07:59:01 -0500
>From:    Rebecca Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Do ferrets really bond that strongly? I've made it a part of my
>contract that bonded pairs don't ever get split up unless there's
>a veterinary reason for it, but I'm seeing reason to believe it
>may not be that big of a deal...

for what it is worth....i have seen ferrets grieve themselves to death
over losing a bonded mate... BUT not all ferrets coming from the same
household are bonded...some may not even get along...like the 2 i just
rescued...

you just have to wait and watch...use your best judgement to see if
they are bonded or inseperable...or just fine without the other...

maybe you might want to amend your "staying together" statement in
your policy to 'unless otherwise determined by close observation".

kat
--
KAT
JUST PLAIN KAT