Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 05:46:23 -0400
From personal experience, my ferrets will both worry a hedgehog if they find
one (mind you, they also tried to take on an alsatian at the vet once ;) ).

Being all spiney it might be alright, once the ferrets learnt they got sore
noses.  But a hedgehog is a little too close to a food animal to me that
I would personally feel safe letting them interact.  But of course it all
depends on the personality of your ferrets.  Just make sure you've got your
eye on them constantly!

I never understood the attraction of hedgehogs as pets..  Are they not
common there?  I'm always picking the things off the road before they get
run over..  Over here they are always full of fleas and usually carrying
diseases.  They certainly aren't very cuddly unless you're very careful :)

- Reet