From:
Kylie Preisig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 16:10:00 +1100
This is a question to satisfy my personal curiosity as I don't think
ferretone is available in Australia.

I have picked up from various postings to the fml and alt.pets.ferrets a few
facts:

- Ferretone is a vitamin supplement
- Most ferrets love it
- Correct dosage is a few drops a day
- If overdosed with it ferrets lose condition due to too much vitamin A
- Correct dosage is not stated on the bottle

I'm not sure if no dosage is stated on the bottle or if dosage of a
tablespoon per day is recommended.

My question is: if ferretone in large doses is harmful and incorrect or no
information is given on the bottle about dosages, has there been any
attempts made to get the manufacturer to correct this?

Also one thing that I can't keep quiet about any more is the use of the word
"alot" all over the place on this list.  It should be "a lot"!  Sorry, I
know spelling flames are bad netiquette, but I know this one is not a typo
as I have seen is used consistently by a lot of people.  I just thought I'd
say something as some people out there might really think "alot" is a real
word.

Byeeee,
Kylie

Mum to Ratty, Truffle, Fudge and Pepper