From:
Melanie Swider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 00:11:00 EDT
I was sitting in my living room watching some of my foster babies when I
realized how truly wonderful they are.  This is the group that usually get
overlooked since they all look the same, and you know how people love the
unusual ones!

This doesn't mean I am ungrateful to anyobody who chooses to adopt from me,
I love it that there have been quite a few lately.

I just wanted to talk about my gang of sables.  These are the sweeties that
I've picked up from the Humane Society, that have been dropped at my door
with not a tear shed for them, not even a goodbye.  They are all about a
year old.  Hmmm, tell you something?  They were the ones that people got
tired of.

I've got Lancelot, who steals my heart daily.  He nips at my feet(gently)
to get attention for me to play.  His face is adorable.

There's Pearl, who loves to hiss.  She thinks she's in charge.  She will
also climb straight up a cage in no time.

Zazu was being kept in a cage without food most of the time, in a 2 year
old's room.  He never bit her once.  I'd trust him with anyone.

I've actually got one named Ferret.  He knows his name, what can I say?
He'd run outside if I let him.  He's my spunky one.

Emmett is one who the owners were "tired of".  He has white toes and a
personality a lot like Lancelot.

NOne of these ferrets were used to others.  I put them all together and they
have the best time dancing and wrestling with one another.

I am planning on taking these babies to the Cincinnati show next weekend.  I
hope that anyone planning on going will stop by my table (The FuzzButt Hut)
and meet all my shelter kids.  They really are wonderful.

Thanks,

Melanie
The FuzzButt Hut