From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 1995 09:59:44 -0400
In talking to Mary of Modern Ferret Magazine, I told her that I had been
wanting to write an article on finding a lost ferret, especially with all the
postings on the FML lately.  The article is finished, and I will be sending
it to Mary ASAP for her Spring issue.  She can be reached at
[log in to unmask]  I give her permission to send it out to specific requests
early - I will not send out courtesy copies until it is published (though i
will still be able to give you advise...)

And to let you all know that the protocall was tested, the day I started the
article, my three year old indoor cat had escaped just three days earlier (on
8/11).  We caught him last night - a call from a little neighbor girl who
moved in only three days ago said she had indeed seen him in her back yard,
which abutted to our back yard.  Seems the cat would hide during the day and
come out in the evening.  We set a live trap for him and he got in it.  He is
thin, very greasy, but happy to be indoors after being out for over 10 days.
Unfortunately, the other cats think he is a stranger and he seems to have
reverted a tad to the wild.  He'll see a vet tomorrow to make sure I don't
miss anything when I try to clean him up.

Pam