From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:06:53 -0700
We are a bit blessed to have had a wonderful new addition up here at the
bridge.  His name is Bennie.  When he crossed over, I just had to smile.
Because you see he was part of the Moorehouse Lab Kids in Atlanta.  It
made me kind of sad at first when I laid eyes on him, because that's all
I could think of at first.  But then I didn't feel so bad.  Because you
would have never known he had it hard by the expression on his face.
He didn't walk across the bridge, he almost floated.  He didn't need
introductions.  He very well knew where he was and why.  And he was very
content with that.  He said he was ready because he realized a great
dream on earth.  That someone "cared".  And that people are good.  I
realized that he had realized a great peace inside.  He carried that
with him here.  And we all felt it up above.

Well, let me tell you about his playful side.  When he crossed over, he
had nudged something forward to me.  It was an egg!  He asked where he
could stash his egg, and I told him anywhere his heart desires.  I told
him that he was welcome to all the Easter egg hunts in the world up here.
For eternity.  But last I saw him, he was doing the bear hug drag thing
with his egg looking for a burrow to stash it in.  lol Silly boy.  He's
probably still looking for the best place.

sandee