From:
Purple Cow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:06:35 -0500
Does anyone know what could cause a screaming fit in a ferret?  I
happened to be downstairs near the cage this morning when my little
girl Bear started screaming.  I ran over to the cage in time to see her
standing next to the food and water bowls.  She was shaking her head as
if she was sneezing but was instead screaming.  I picked her up and she
calmed down for a minute or two before screaming again.  After screaming
a few more times while I was holding her she settled down and went to
sleep.  Could this be a symptom of some sort of neurological problem?  I
have never heard of a ferret doing this before.  I'm quite concerned
about her.  Thank you.

Liz