From:
msperling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 1998 12:16:14 -0700
I want to add my 2 cents in too.  I got my first ferret over a year ago ..he
was dumped at Petsmart in East Brunswick,New Jersey one cold winter's day.
I knew nothing about ferrets..  all I knew was an animal was abandoned and I
had to learn fast how to take good care of him.  Alot of people have been
saying negative things about ferret shelters..I just recently adopter TWO
yes two older ferrets from a ferret shelter and I was asked alot of
questions with good reason.  First they dont know me from adam and I dont
know them either.  I wanted an older ferret because I know more about older
ferrets than kits.  I wanted to make sure that the ferret shelter owner was
knowledgeable about ferrets and their care before I even decided to go and
visit them.  They all had their inoculations and were all ECE free a big
plus as I really did not want my over 3 year ferret exposed to that illness
if I could help it.  I think we are missing the whole point of ferret
shelters...they are here because these are the places that knows,understands
and considers their welfare to keep the ferrets safe from harm etc.  Not all
shelters are run well but MOST are like 99% there will always be one place
that is not but no one is forcing us to adopt from them.  I will always take
into consideration of using a ferret shelter instead of a Pet Store because
first off there are so many ferrets begging for and needing loving homes and
there is NOTHING wrong with pet stores so please do not flame me I work at
one, its just that instead of buying a pet one has the choice of adopting
one and saving its life from never knowing maybe what a loving family might
be..  When we adopt we are giving the ferret a new lease on a loving home...
like I said there is nothing wrong with the shelters but its not the same
as a real home..There are just too many to spend all day playing and
snuggling with them like they are with an owner.I spend almost all day with
my three and I love them dearly.It is literally impossible to spend that
much time with the ferrets in shelters.  yes the ferrets in shelters are
loved and well cared for but its not the same as living in a house or
apartment.I could go on and on about why I will always have a warm spot in
my heart for shelters of any kind but I wont I just wanted to tell others
that everyone is entitled to their opinion but we all have one big thing in
common..  we all Love and adore our ferrets.Isnt that why we all subscribe
to FML in the first place?

===
please visit my web page at: www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/4908
"Don't be afraid to dream..for out of the most fragile dreams come miracles"