From:
LCPL JENNIFER J ACKLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 08:29:55 -0400
I hope this may help Spot.  Our baby Twinkie died of something exactly like
this back in April.  Servere anemia no movement other than his neck and
slight movement of legs.  We also had Pickle and Kit Kat with the same
problems and after giving pepcid a/c and amoxicillian for about 3 weeks
the sores went away and the stool returned to normal and after 3 months of
syringe feeding about 1 1/2 month ago they both started eating hard food
and playing and running around.  So maybe you should try the pepcid a/c.  1
10mg tablet crushed up in 10cc of water and give 1cc twice a day.  it seems
to have cured the 2 ferrets that the vet urged us to put to sleep because he
said they wouldn't last the weekend.  That was 4 1/2 months ago.  So don't
give up and keep trying don't quit on them until they quit on themselves and
even then there is hope.  Hope this helps.

Jennifer sends