From:
Matthew Romoser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 23:49:10 -0500

Fellow FML'ers

Perhaps you can help me out here.  I am about to purchase my first ferret
and I have a question about .......  carpets.

You see, I live in an apartment that has wall to wall carpeting.  Naturally,
since I rent, consequently the carpet does not belong to me.  I keep hearing
about how ferrets like to dig at carpet and I have a few questions.

   1) How badly do ferrets dig at carpet?  Do they totally destroy it or
      is it something that can be dealt with?

   2) Do they mostly dig in the corners?  Or do they dig at the carpet all
      around?

   3) What is the best way to keep ferrets from digging?

Frankly, the idea of having a ferret destroy my landlord's carpet has me a
little nervous.  Is it impossible to keep nice carpet in a place that has a
ferret?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt Romoser