From:
Mahlyssa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 15:17:26 -0400
I would like to thank the people who sent me replies about treats and
where to find some.  I was going to email you back but my computer died
and I had to format it.  Before, I would never worry about what I had
saved on the computer but the whole time I was formatting I was thinking
about the emails I lost and all my ferret websites.  I think I'm
obsessed.

I am curious whether or not it is normal behaviour for a ferret to act
like a gentlemen when visiting other places.

Zama always acts like a sweetheart-little cuddly boy when we bring him
to the pet store here.  He sits in my arms without trying to wiggle away
and cuddles into my neck and actually acts shy.

BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH!!

On Thursday night around 12:30 am we decided to visit a friend's house.
We figured since it was snowing we would bring Zama with us and while my
bf cleaned off the car Zama could play in the snow.  He had a blast.
There was enough soft snow for him to tunnel under and he was having so
much fun.  I pluck him up and put him in the carrying bag his harness
clips into and he snuggles into the warm fuzzy blankets.  It took us
around 20 minutes to get to my friends house and Zama was being his
normal wiggly self trying to slip out of the harness.

We get there and I have him on his leash because I have no idea what
their unsafe ferret stuff is.  So I am walking around with him and he is
going nuts exploring and getting excited at the new fun place he is at
when he happens upon their cat's little box.  To me is seemed like he
didn't even care.  So he leads me back down the hallway to the living
room and then to the kitchen and all over the place.  Then suddenly he
starts dragging me down the hall and he jumps in the litter box and does
his business.  I mean that was a far walk for him.  Later on when I told
him he has had enough exploring I pick him up and hold him and he
snuggles into my shirt and goes to sleep.  I was so shocked.  He never
does that at home.  If I pick him up and he doesn't want to stay he will
pretend he is sleeping and then when I loosen my grip he is off!

Also at home he never goes as far as he went at my friend's house to use
the litter box.

Is this normal behaviour??  To pretend he is a good boy and is sweet?!
I am so shocked at what a gentleman he was.  It was amazing.  It IS
amazing.

Mahlyssa