From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:52:07 -0500
RE:George, sympathy to ferrets families who have lost their babies &
replacing them

Many thanks to those of you who were kind enough to think of George.  I am
hand-feeding him, so boy do I greatly appriceate the fact that there have
been allot of recipies posted regarding this.  Now if I can only get the
little booger to drink more water!

There have been so many furry kids going to "The Bridge" that I don't have
time to express my sympathy to everyone that has had a loss individually,
so at this time please accept my deepest condolances.  To those that may
think they are replacing one baby with another when you lose one & then get
another one.  I don't see it that way.  I have had many losses over the
years & they have all hurt so much, even yet.  But this is the way I see
it.  When you lose a baby, wheter it be a furball, fuzzball or feather
fluff, you have a hole in your heart.  You get a new baby and they give
you so much love, it starts to fill your heart up.  So that hole starts to
shrink more & more & they have their own place in it.  You don't forget
those you lost, but the pain isn't as great.  How can you hurt allot when
you have so much love?  And even though you want to cry & do, when your
babies see you, don't they put on more of a show & make you laugh?  They
know.  Crying is a relief, but laughter heals.  God bless everyone.

Lynn & the Six Sneaky Snakes