From:
Pam Adey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:56:10 EDT
I have just rescued two ferrets.  One has a blue tattoo in his left ear
that I do not recognize.  It is one dot, but then it has a little dash
off to the right of the dot.  The dash might just be the result of a bad
tat job.  I can't tell if the dash was intentional or not.  This is not a
double dot Marshall tat which would have been in the ferret's right ear.
It is not a Triple F tat which would have been pink.  Path Valley doesn't
do any tattoos.  He is a very gentle chocolate sable ferret and was
probably bred for excellent temperament and color.  The ferret that was
found with him has no tattoos; is wilder, bites occasionally and does not
like to be held for any length of time.

Does anyone have any idea what breeder would put a dot and (possibly) a
dash next to the dot, in the ferret's left ear?  I am curious to know
what breeder he came from.

Thank you
Pam