Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:13:37 -0700
I think it's a horrible idea to allow shelters to post up to 20 of
their kids on the giving tree. I'm sure it will be great for some
shelters, as every one of their kids can be on the tree. I don't think
it's fair for shelters that have 50+, 100+ ferrets, but it's easier
to pick a number for all I suppose. I don't think its right to allow
shelters until Nov 30 to post their kids. By Thanksgiving people should
be focusing on their families and not shelter kids that someone waited
until the last minute to post.

Ultimately, what will this mean for the shelter kids? Shelter parents
hope and pray that the little ones they put on the tree get those
special gifts they ask for. Are the few santas going to take more kids
and give less to each one, with those kids not getting their special
gifts? Or are we going to believe that mysteriously there are going to
be more santas this year?

Call me a Grinch but its how I see it. Tracy