From:
Dolores Mink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 16:17:32 -0600
Hi guys!  I posted about three weeks ago about my ferrets Rocco and Haley.
It all started then with green,mucousy poop and vomitting.  I took them
to the vet and he gave me antiobiotics (Tetracycline drops) to give them.
They weren't eating or drinking on their own then.  Well, now three weeks
later, they're eating and drinking on their own, but they still have the
diareha.  It's no longer green or mucousey, but it's still runny and seedy
looking.  They both seem to have lost weight and don' t play as much as
they used to.  They're not lethargic, they're still alert and curious, but
after being out for a romp, they poop out earlier than they used to.  Can I
give them something for the diareha like Pepto or Immodium?  And if so, how
much do I give them?  I'm afraid to give too much.  They're only problem
seems to be the poopies.  And I'm almost out of the antibiotic, should I
get more do you think?  I don't like to keep giving them the antibiotic
because that's not good either right?  Plus I was wondering, this all
started 2 days after I bought a new baby (Yeah, you know, ferret math!!),
so I'm thinking she brought it in with her, because she's so tiny and never
caught it like my other babies.  And one of my other ferrets, Chunky,
didn't get it.  They're all in a cage together, so wouldn't they all get
it?  The vet said it was a virus.  Our theory is that maybe the baby and
Chunky have immunity through their mothers.  Could that be?  Please help
me, I'm getting so frustrated, I don't know what to do.  Thanks :)

Sincerly,
Kris and her fuzzy fartsy fivesome