From:
Theodore and Madeline Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 17:53:03 -0800
Dear ferrety friends,

One time our person took our pictures, and then she scanned them and helped
us make our own web pages.  Now we're stars, and we get mail from other
ferrets around the world.  This is fun.  This is good.  We like to make
friends.

But lately we've been getting the wrong kind of mail.  This is bad.  We need
help.

This wrong kind of mail always comes from people at AOL.  We know they mean
well.  We know they are just Internet beginners, but they are driving us
crazy!  They send us gif files and stuff.  A friendly idea, we know.  And
one day we'll even go look at them.  Maybe they will be great pictures.  But
in the meantime, downloading all those gif files that we didn't ask for
takes a lllooooonnnnngggg time.  Our person is not happy about this because
she is very busy it and makes her mail and our mail download slowly.  She
says that sending gifs to people who didn't ask for them is a big violation
of Netiquitte, even if the person who sent the stuff just meant to be
friendly.

Some of the beginner people who send us mail from AOL don't sign their
letters.  Some ask us to send them things, and some even demand it.  Lots of
them shout at us in all-capital letters.  Weird.  We don't get it.  We're
not used to this kind of mail.  It puzzles our furry heads.

Our person said she thinks that AOL has got a list of Fun Web Pages
somewhere.  She suspects that AOL has added us to that list.  That would
sure explain why we're getting so much AOL mail all of a sudden.

If we are on that kind of a list - well, we're really flattered.  WE think
we're fun!  But we don't have time to deal with more gif files attached to
our mail, and our person is getting a bit hissy about the rules that some of
those guys break when they send us stuff that makes our mail slow.

Please, AOL friends, can you go take a peek to see if we're on some list of
web pages at AOL?  Because we think we had better get off that list for the
good of our person.  She's nice, you know, and we want her to smile when our
mail comes, the way she used to.  If we are on a list at AOL, please write
and tell us about it.  Then we will be able to ask the good people at AOL to
please take us off that list.

I think our person might have already sent AOL a letter, but we'd be very
grateful if you could be our cyber-ferret-snoops and tell us if we're on a
list there or not.

Thank you very much!  We send you ferret kisses and wish you lots of ferret
fun.

Madeline and Theo-dorable Ferret

--
Madeline and Theodore Ferret                  Bounce, wiggle, bounce, hide
Vancouver, CANADA                             Squirm, zoom, squirm, bounce