From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:39:51 -0500
A friend of mine who is a professional massage therapist (and ferret owner)
has more than once used her skills to help an animal in pain.  Last year
my tiniest ferret, Farina, was having trouble sitting up on her hind legs.
She may have fallen and hurt her back, who knows (she likes to play "rock
climber" up the side of the cage).  My friend found some tension and
tightness in Farina's lower back, so she worked on her back and pelvis,
massaging and stretching her back and legs.  The next day my little girl
was obviously feeling much better!

Disclaimer: My friend is a trained and certified professional therapist;
please don't read my post as a recommendation to self-treat an injury in
your own ferret - see your veterinarian instead.

Nancy and critters