Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 11:51:06 -0400
For 5 to 6 days at the end of June, we will need a sitter for our five
ferrets.  We used to have a ferret-sitting exchange with friends we met
through the FML, but unfortunately, their ferrets now have ECE and we can't
risk exposure.  Tentatively, we will be leaving Maryland on June 25 and
heading up 95 to central New Jersey, then returning on June 30.  If anyone
along that route would like to have 5 little houseguests during that time,
please let us know.  We would be glad to pay you or reciprocate.  Ben,
Jerry, Buttercup, Bridgett and Jasmine are accustomed to living in a cage
and having an out-of-cage play period every evening.  With the exception of
our youngest, Jasmine, our ferrets will probably not make friends too
readily with your ferrets, so they will need a separate play time.  Also,
after hearing frequent reports about the ordeal our friends and their
ferrets have gone through with ECE, we don't want to take any risks and
would prefer a household that has never had ECE and will not be acquiring
any new ferrets near the time ours would arrive.  (Our friends' ferrets
contracted ECE from a healthy-appearing pet store kit.) I hope we don't
sound too picky, but Ben and Jerry are six and a half years old and I am an
overprotective mommy.  Also, all our ferrets are up-to-date on their rabies
shots.  Buttercup, Bridgett, and Jasmine are up-to-date on their distemper
shots.  Ben and Jerry no longer get distemper vaccinations because they had
a life-threatening vaccine reaction two years ago.

We are also going away for Memorial Day weekend, plus or minus a day or two.
We are visiting relatives and can take the ferrets with us, but if anyone
could accommodate them during that time, it sure would give my allergies a
break.  Our route for this trip is through western Maryland along I 70 to
the Pennsylvania Turnpike to northeastern Ohio.

Clare and Bill Sebok

P.S.  We want to stay at a house with LOTS of TOYS! Ben, Jerry, Buttercup,
Bridgett and Jasmine