Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 00:30:05 EST
Hi Everyone and Happy New Year to you all.

I would like to start by saying THANK YOU to all of the wonderful
people and Secret Santa's who sent our little fuzzbutts Christmas
presents, cards, letters, gift certificates and everything else. I
would also like to Thank the Crafty Weasels for sending such beautiful
bedding, hammocks and blankets. You can always tell the homemade ones
because they are so much nicer than the ones you buy in the store. I
know because the "kids" told me so. And, you know, I HAVE to believe
everything they say ... less the wrath of the evil minded ferrets who
always talk the good, angel ferrets into helping them do something
naughty .... ahhh, they so love revenge. Anyway, I just wanted you to
know that we have received cards, a gift certificate and presents. I
will be sending, each of you, a personal Thank You.

Now for my Apology. This is what happened and why many of you did not
get answers from me when you sent e-mails. My hubby and I decided that
where we were living, in the "burbs", about 15 minutes out of the City
of Richmond, had just become too crowded. Also, our house was not big
enough to accommodate all of our fuzzy friends. We decided to build a
new home in the next County over from us. Well, we started all of this
in April of 2007. We were promised our home would be ready by the end
of Summer. Well, that came and went. Halloween...came and went. We
decided not to pack anything else because living out of a suitcase
for so long was ridiculous. Next, we are absolutely moving before
Thanksgiving...came and went. Then my builder said those wonderful
words. I have Three families who want to be in their new homes for
Christmas. I promise all of you will be in your new homes before
Christmas. This was wonderful news. Two weeks before Christmas. Well,
we can't decorate, since we'll be moving. No need to go Christmas
Shopping yet because we'd probably loose the presents during the move.
Then, all of a sudden, two weeks early, on December 13, came our newest
granddaughter, Makenzie, born at 2:12 a.m. She is such a Cutie. Okay,
so daughter, son-in-law and new baby come home from the hospital (they
live with us). Guess what? We get to move. Our move in date is December
24. Yippie. This doesn't sound like an apology now does it? I'm sorry,
I got off course there for a minute. Okay, here goes. I wake up on
Christmas Eve morning, moving day. I have to do ONE thing before we
start moving ... I have to write a post to the FML to let everyone know
we are moving so we won't be able to be in touch with anyone for a few
days. Well, I tried for 2 hours. Either AOL was down or my computer was
down so, I didn't get to write the e-mail. No problem, I thought, I'll
be back on line by Wednesday or Thursday. I'll let everyone know then.
Well, stupid me, coming from the "City" (burbs) to the country ... and
I mean country, we are 30 minutes from nowhere. Maybe in 45 minutes I
can get to a grocery store. Oh, what was I thinking. Well, here I am,
communing with nature in the freezing cold ... "what do you mean there
is no cable out here? How am I going to watch TV or use the computer?"
Satellite. Oh, okay. Direct TV: "Sure, TV is no problem, however, we
don't have the resources for computers in your area yet." Great.
Finally, Dish Network to the rescue. We have the TV and a computer.
Well, at least half of a computer. It comes on, I can play games but,
no AOL. I've got to get to my e-mails!

I need to see if there are anymore requests for our address. I need to
send Thank you notes. I've got to get caught up on the FML. Well, there
was a problem with AOL and my computer. It was FINALLY fixed tonight.
I'm sorry I took up so much of your time by writing my life's history
for December. I tend to ramble.

I just wanted to let you all know that everything you have done for us
is so greatly appreciated. Your personal Thank you's will be on there
way soon. I am terribly sorry about my computer problems. If any of you
are still interested in the new address and phone number they are:

Paige Collier
Director, Adoptions and Rehabilitations
Richmond Ferret Rescue League
3421 Mill Quarter Road