From:
Al Gearhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 11:29:47 -0500
Pam:
I saw McKay's book over the wknd at our local Borders bookstore.  Don't know
if you have the chain in your area.  Glancing through it, I could see a
different approach being taken towards our small fuzzy friends.  A
similarity would be: some people would buy a labrador retriever as a pet
because of their great disposition and gentle nature.  others buy them as a
hunting dog and they are raised as such.  Seems the English (McKay anyway)
take the latter approach.  Not a judgement, just observation.

On collars:
I have been using a ball chain with a small bell attached to it so we have
an idea where Daisy might be when roaming.  It goes on whenever she comes
out of her cage to play, however she has been known to head back up to her
hammock for a nap without it being removed.  This is fine too, since we can
then hear when she is up and about.  It seems the chain rolls under her fur
and is less likely to catch on most things that a heavier collar might.
Just my thoughts.

Ferrets USA:
Does anyone have an address or phone number for the publisher?  I have
exhausted all sources here and cannot locate a copy.