From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2011 00:52:43 -0400
Has anyone in the Alexandria area lost a ferret?

There is currently a male light sable/wannabe point at the Animal
Welfare League of Alexandria. Here is a link to a picture and
information about how to claim him, if he is yours.

www.PetHarbor.com pet:ALEX.A044372
<http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=ALEX.A044372>

When someone pointed me to this link, I called to get more information
about him. You see, he looks similar to several kits I have placed in
the last year. I also sent the link to my customers, in case any of
them did have an escapee.

Initially, he was listed as an unneutered male. He is most likely from
a private breeder, as he has no ear tattoos, and is very large. I asked
them if the testicles were large or small, since a lot of my customers
use des implants rather than surgically neutering their ferrets. They
had not looked, but when they did, they said either he had very small
testicles or no testicles. They have now listed him as altered.

There is one good thing about him being in the shelter he is in. As
long as he is healthy and has a good temperament, he will not be put
down. They do not euthanize animals they feel are adoptable. So, he is
in no danger of losing his life. Currently, he is being held in hopes
his owner will claim him, but in another day or 2, he will be available
for adoption (if anyone is interested). They told me he is very
friendly and people oriented, so he very likely came from a good home,
and hopefully his owner will claim him.

Please feel free to share this information with people who live in the
Alexandria area, and may not read the FML. I for one would like to see
him reunited with his human.

Danee DeVore
ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!
For more information visit:
<http://www.ferretadv.com>
ADV - Find out how you can help:
http://help4adv.terrabox.com/