From:
Elaine Brannen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 13:55:18 -0800
Hi Jennifer and Jasmine,
In Anitra Fraiziers book, The Natural Cat, she describes a concoction of
nutritional yeast, garlic, purified water, and light soy sauce ( for
flavor).  I have used this as a sauce for my ferrets and cats with fairly
good results, if you keep the bedding washed, and vaccum alot.  The cats
will eat anything with soy sauce, but I had to do some persuading for the
ferrets to tolerate it.  They are very picky.  The Natural Pet Care Catalog
at 1-800-962-8266 has a good collection of natural flea products.  Good
luck.  I sympathize as it is almost flea season here in Iowa.  I have also
used with good success a product called PRECOR that is a hormone that keeps
the fleas from reproducing.  It works better if you spray it around before
the fleas hit.  It is safe for the animals, and I got it through Natural
Pet, but your local pet store might have it.  An old windex bottle works
great for spraying it around.

        Happy ferreting,
        Elaine and the ferret gang of Fennester, Elke and Kate.