Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2007 18:31:24 -0500
Today was a beautiful day at de bridge. SaraFerret was waiting by de
entrance as she had just received a note saying a fuzzy was crossing.
No rushing to de bridge dis time. Dis time she was waiting for her. A
little white fuzzy with a heavy backpack was slowly trotting her way
holding onto de handropes, inch by inch she made her way towards her.

I reaches out my paw to her and says, Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de
bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow Bridge. Dis is your new forever
home. Here you will have no more pain or suffering. You will run on
green grass; have no messy litter pans, have lotsa friends and family
to play with, lotsa of food and water, plenty of treats, did I mention
fun and games.

De little dark-eyed white fuzzy with de dark nose looks at me and says,
Hmmm, my name is Lily and I belongs to Mommy Kris, but I really don't
want to be here. I want to be back dere with her. Why did I have to
come here. Mommy said I had to come, but why?

Sigh! I thought. Well, Lily, I says, a fuzzy's life is short on earth
and when we can no longer dance with joy and we start to hurt and ache
and feel bad, it's our time to begin our journey across de bridge. And
at dat time, a vet is our best friends. Unlike human doctors, a vet is
allowed to help us across, so we don't has to suffer. Our mommys don't
like to do dis, but dey know dat at times, dey has to help us.

Lily seems to understand dis all and with a deep sigh sat down beside
me. I finally gets to ask her what was in her heavy backpack. You see
unlike humans, fuzzies can take it with dem; whatever dey can stuff
into dere secret backpack. Lily looks at me and asks, do I have to give
dem up? Of course not, I am just nosey, like any fuzzy. Slowly she took
out one pink sleepsack and a tiny rattle toy and a small cloth bag dat
she held tight to her chest.

Whatevers in dat cloth bag, I asks?

I can't open it, she replys, it has all de hugs and kisses dat Mommy
and Daddy gave me while I was on earth and I wants to hold onto it as
long as I can. Den Lily notices my wings and she wanted to know if she
was going to get dem too. Of course you are, I replys, every fuzzy who
crosses de bridge gets wings.

Off we went down de garden path toward de Wing House where de wings
were stored. We enters de house and on de counter was a big box (of
course). She opens de box and took out her wings--Pink with black
streaks. I helped her on with her wings and adjusted her halo. She ran
to de big vanity mirror and gazed at her reflection--for the first time
in a long time-she could see the beautiful dark-eyed white fuzzy she
was once before, full of youthful bounce and not hurting, she fluttered
her wings--and turned to me and said, Gee I wish Mommy could see me
now. Den I gots an idea.

So off we went down de garden path toward de Misting Pond. We sat down
beside de cool clear water. With one swish she could see Mommy Kris
appear surrounded by her fuzzies. She saw Mommy look towards de sky
and smile. Lily started dooking and waving. Look at me. I has wings. I
can fly now. I don't hurt anymore. I have fur now. I love you, Mommy.
Thank you for loving me. I will see you in your dreams one day. Den she
started throwing hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with her love and laid
dem on a nearby shooting star which was headed toward your house. With
another swish de vision was gone.

We headed down de path toward de Heaven Scent Cottage where a lot of
her friends lived. Dere was a Welcome to de Bridge Lily banner strung
across de front. How did dey know dat I was coming, she whispered?
Oh we has our ways, I replys. We enters de cottage and dere were her
friends, some she knew and others dat knew her--Lighning, Tubby,
Raistlin, Winni, Buffy, and Zeus. Lotsa other fuzzies too. Music was
playing, Fuzzies was dancing, Food was spread out for all to eat. Lily
was now at her new forever home. I gave her a quick hug and I rushed
out, for dere was another fuzzy crossing.

So ended another day at de Bridge.

Loveys and hugs,

SaraFerret, bridgegreeter