From:
Mia Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 09:52:59 -0800
Hi Folks!
I have a hob that was brought to us because his response to the womans
newborn was 'weird', we never got any more info than that and because we
have no children, and he was so sweet we added him to our crew and no more
was said, until a few weeks ago.

We were ferretsitting for a freind and her jill has a squeeky toy that
sounds JUST Like an infant.  I was in the ferret room squeeking the toy so
I could put the jill back in her cage When my hob (Bijoux) went nuts!  he
was clawing madly at the cage door trying to get at the sound, my hubby
said he was probably trying to 'protect' the toy, but I'm not so sure, I
felt he was trying to get out to eat it, or at the very least shut it up!
As I said Bijoux is a sweetheart and I would normally swear he doesn't know
how to bite, but I'm keeping him away from babies.  But here's a question,
could it be the pitch of the babies cries that drives them nuts?  I mean
perhaps some ferrets have far more sensitive hearing than others and the
pitch of the cries hurts their ears.

Mia