From:
Mary Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:46:16 -0500
From the few replies I received it seems like either Advantage or Frontline
is OK and in either the cat or dog dosage.  We had been using the Advantage
for dogs.  Hmmm, interesting.

Comment to June on ferret homes: We don't have a life just the ferrets and
the cats and the dog!  Our home and schedule evolves around them.  Treats,
food, water in the kitchen, basket of toys in the livingroom, plastic bags
wherever.  The ferrets have their own room now.  We converted the guest
room into the ferret room.  So don't know if someone comes to visit and
wants to stay over night where they are going to sleep :o) The ferret room
has three cages, basket with toys, toys all over the floor, rice box,
plastic bags, floor pillows to sit and climb on, cabana to sleep in.  The
office was the ferret room, now part play time room for one of the groups
contains food, water, litter box, toys, basket to sleep in, sleep sack,
etc.  Our bedroom has the tube for them to run through.  And last but not
least the bathroom for "shower-time".  They love to drink out of the shower
before or after you use it.  Funny how when you get them up some go to the
kitchen for treats first others go to the bathroom for shower time.  They
sit in front of the shower waiting for you to turn on the water, turn it
off then climb in for that special drink of yucky soapy water.  But not
Chico he jumps in the shower waiting for you to turn it on with him in
there, he loves it!  He's my "spirited" one and the reason why we have
three separate play times.  But we won't go there, he's a story all of his
own.

Comment to Julie on Silver Mitts: We have one too.  Got her from a shelter,
she's 5 and still full of playtime compared to some of the others her age
and younger.  She has the fluffiest tail I've ever seen, a little cuddler
and ever so soft.  I don't know how anyone could have gotten rid of her
either!  (That goes for the rest of the shelter ferrets we adopted too.)

Mary and The 12 Munchkins
Chico, Sadie, Harley, Wheeler, Daisy, Bootsie, Fruity, Summer, Emily,
Buffy, Ollie-Bear and Funny-Face.  Ollie says it wasn't him that poofed!
But I know better, whew!
Missing Rowdy and Tunny-Bear at the Bridge...