From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 21:39:17 -0500
I too have been wondering about canola oil, walnut oil and the other oils I
see at the grocery store because my two dont seem to like the ferretone cut
with olive oil.  Boris kinds of shakes his head and does a Ptooey!  He keeps
sniffing because of the ferretone but doesn't really lick it all up like
usual.

So tonight I bought fish oil capsules (cod liver oil had vit A in it or
innately part of it).  The fish oil was just fish oil - whether it has vit A
naturally I don't know.  Anyway - they seemed to like it straight!  I cut
open a couple of capsules and they lapped it up.  Sort of stinky but hey,
anything for the ferrets:) My question is, since cod liver oil is a laxative
- is fish oil bad because of that?  Ferretcoat (similar to ferretone but
what I use since that's what their used to) has cod liver oil in it.  Am I
really getting away from vit A?  Or because its an "animal" product vs.
vegetable like olive oil does it naturally have vit A?

Mary, Boris and Giesela