From:
Joe bear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:30:34 -0700
Hello Everyone,

I am guilty of emailing off list when someone has a question.  As someone
pointed out we are all here to learn and share.

I know I have gotten lazy because of Sukie and all her wonderful
references and willingness to always help with any ferret health
question.  Thank you Sukie for posting all the great information
that you do.

Of course, there are lots of time when I don't know the answer myself but
I saw two questions recently that I might help with.  Just hope I'm not
to late.

Anyway, someone said they heard Professional Arts Pharmacy no longer had
Lupron Depot.  At my request my vet orders from them.  That statement
scared me so I called.  They still have Ferret size Lupron available.

Here's the contact info for them:
Professional Arts Pharmacy
1101 N Rolling Rd
Catonsville, MD 21228-3827
(410) 747-6870

The other question was about Ferretonin/Melatonin Implants.  For
information you can pass on to your vet like where he can order
and to get product information please visit: http://www.melatek.net

I have used it for my ferrets with good results.  Just keep in mind that
all ferrets are individuals and as such will react differently.

Just a reminder for shelters, you can order implants through SOS at a
discount.  Please email me if you have any questions.

Also I need to mention in regards to Joanne's post which she did not
have the information at the time but the University of GA is not doing
any ferret ADV research right now.  If you send money it will go to ADV
research for skunks.

Kate Pennick who was doing the ferret research will be leaving the
University on Friday the 14th.  I am trying to find out if there are any
plans for future research that will help ferrets and will let everyone
know.

Two posts in one day, BIG I think I set a record. :)

Hope this helps,
Sharon B. :)

Please visit Kouri fan club
http://www.geocities.com/kourifanclub/index.html

Kouri is one special ferret, see why he has a fan club dedicated in his
honor.