From:
"Kristi J. Howard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 11:58:32 -0400
Hi!  This is my first time ever posting.  I want to buy a ferret as soon as
possible, before it becomes illegal to own one in NC.  I have a few
questions, though, to ask the seasoned ferret owners here, to make sure I am
doing the right thing.

  1. Ferrets in Asheville run about 130$ for a baby.  Is this reasonable?
     Is it best to get a baby furry?
  2. Would you reccommend a ferret as a pet?
  3. Finally, I live in a dorm, therefore I would have to keep my fuzzy(if I
     get one) incognito.  If a ferret is descented, is it feasable that I
     could keep one in my dorm room without being betrayed in my deception
     by the "ferret smell"?

I fell in love with a precious baby girl ferret at a petstore when I was
shopping around, comparing stores and prices.  She was so frisky and
playful, compared to the other ferrets, which were snoozing.  Is this a good
sign?  I wanted to buy her right then and there, but I know that a pet is
not an impulse buy, and that the decision to buy a ferret is alot like
deciding to have a childI don't want to commit to buying "my" furry until I
can make sure that I can provide her with a good home.  So, any advice I can
get will be greatly appreciated!  Thanks :)

P.S.my e-mail is: [log in to unmask]