From:
Skyla Fay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:57:03 -0500
Hi,

Ed may very well be all the terrible things you say.  I will probably never
know for myself as I live on the East Coast.  However, my point was simply
this-- *your* post made it sound as if just because a person could suck you
in with a story that turned out to be a joke, then that was a good reason
to disregard *everything else* that person might say, whether it was
valuable advice or not.  And while I also admit that people who cry wolf
might then deserve all they get, it just seemed to me that people were
really overreacting to the stupid wooden leg joke.  As if what pissed them
off most was not that a 3-legged ferret didn't exist, but that they, by
believing the story hook-line-and sinker, had been made to look foolish.

It's certainly true that I have no idea what the Northwest ferret scene is
like, all the politics and scandals etc.  I was simply responding to what
I saw on the screen.

--Skyla