Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:48:09 -0400
I have a six year old girl, Daisy, who has heart problems.  She also had
both her adrenals removed prior to me knowing of the heart problems but
still required lupron because her adrenal symptoms didn't go away and
another operation (I'm not sure if it would have helped) was out of the
question because I then knew of the heart problems.

Anyway, currently she is on .2 lasix, twice a day.  This amount will be
increase soon (I'm waiting for the vet to e-mail me back as to how much).
She is retaining fluid and has been for a little more than six months.
In the last couple days she had gained three ounces.  I feel so bad for her
and I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions.  I've heard someone
talk of carnitine on the FML.  My vet said that this is already should be
in her diet in adequate amounts, but as far as a veterinary carnitine
supplement, she is not aware of any.  She thought that we might check with
a human nutrition store.

She also suggested that she could refer Daisy to Baltimore or Philadelphia
for a cardiac ultrasound to get more exact information about her heart.  If
someone knows of this, could you let me know of your experience.

She said there are other drugs they use in dogs and cats but she's not
tried them in a ferret yet.  She said she's looking into that.  Has anyone
had experience using another drug?

Any information would be very helpful.

Joy