From:
Mark Hei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 11:12:06 -0500
you wrote:
>I have recently adopted two ferrets.  And I am currently trying to get a
>rather dedicated bitter to quit her habits.

I have a great sable female ferret from Marshall...and she is GREAT!!!

i am happy to say that my ferret, Shelby, learned not to bite by my using
all positive reinforcement... when she bites too hard (remember, their
mouths are like extra hands, so their natural tendency is to use them to
play, eat, drag things, etc...) i scream at her, which is ferret talk for
"you bite too hard!!" and I twist my hand facing a large part too he mouth,
so she can't hurt me...

works nearly every time... and after a few months, she is very careful and
loving, and I am not afraid to stick my fingers near her sharp teeth!!!

good luck,

mark.