From:
Michael Janke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 06:47:12 -0500
>From:    Teal Madorsky <[log in to unmask]>
>
>hey guys, I think my one little girl lucy is sick.  She's become very
>lethargic, and she keeps itching a lot, also her nose and gums became
>pale today.  Shes been getting her ferretone, vitamins etc.  Her appetite
>has stayed the same, and her poop looks normal.  Any clue as to what
>could be wrong with her?

A pale nose and gums is a sign of anemia, which is very serious.  No time
to waste.  Get her into a vet right away.

This could be caused by something like a flea infestation or worse,
internal bleeding.  There are other conditions too, but these are the
most common, particularly fleas.  More than one ferret has died from flea
bite induced anemia.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line, 305-752-7040
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.ferrethealth.info
*