From:
Sessurea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:12:50 +1300
It kills me to do this.  I need to find a home for my two boys, Dexter and
Ramirez, both four years old (turning five later this year).

My boyfriend, who I live with, has been amazing over the last year.
The ferrets effect his asthma badly, and he's been unable to get any
medication for it, but he knows how much I love them and he's put up
with it.  But the doctors say it's actually damaging his lungs, and his
condition has been deteriorating over the months.  But still, he wouldn't
dream of asking me to get rid of them, and he hasn't.  But I can't just
watch him get sicker, and as much as I love my ferrets, I love him too.

Also, we have quite a tight budget, but we've always been able to deal and
keep the ferrets well cared for. But he's losing his job very soon (worked
for Paradise net, for those of you who've heard about what's happening
there), and we're going to have a lot less money until he can find a new
job. I'm also starting a course soon, and after messing up the last course I
took, I'm going to need all my time and concentration for it, and I don't
want the ferrets suffering for attention while I'm at it. I swore when I
first got them I'd never give them up because they got 'inconvinient', but
in light of everything hitting me at once, I really do feel it would be
better for the ferrets as well as me and David.

Both sable point, and up to date on their shots and vet checkups.  Ramirez
is as sweet a boy as you could ask for, and a heck of a lot smarter than
people take him for.  Dexter is just as sweet, and more active and
playful, but he's a lot more highly strung and needs someone willing to
take the time to work with him.  He does have a tendency to bite people
he doesn't know when he gets nervous.

With them is their multistory cage and equipment, a box of toys, some
tubes, and I also have a spare multistory cage that can go with them if
wished, otherwise if there's anyone else out there who needs a spare cage,
let me know.  All free, to a good home and people who'll love them as
much as I do.