From:
Teresa Knezek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 11:20:44 -0800
On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 03:47:27 -0400,  "~*Jules*~"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>My baby Romeo is in his terrible two's stage and I need help!  He
>is not using the litterbox properly.  He keeps going over the side
>or not in it at all.  I have now had to stick two boxes right next
>to eachother in the cage to keep it from having poop all over it.

The best thing that ever happened to my ferrets' cage, as far as the
"pooping next to the litterbox" syndrome was buying a "Custom Commode"
from For Ferrets Only... The box is very low in front, so it's super
easy for them to get in it, and it spans the FULL width of the cage, so
there's no "next to the litterbox" left for them to use.  (Of course, I
still get some "right in front of the litterbox" messes, but at least
half the problem is gone. ;-)

http://www.craftycreatures.com/forferretsonly/accessories_custom_commode.html

They come in sizes for most popular cage brands, and can even be ordered
in custom sizes if you have an unusual cage.  (Disclaimer: I don't stand
to profit from this little sales pitch... Just an INCREDIBLY satisfied
customer!)
--
Teresa -- and the
Three Polar Packrats