From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 2009 22:07:30 -0400
JoGayle asked me to forward this to the list:

Thank you so much for your support of the black-footed ferrets. The six
kits in Cyan's litter have been extremely fun to watch grow up on the
webcam. In fact, it is the 2nd most popular webcam on the National Zoo
website (the giant panda is 1st). We have had a great year with many
kits born and survived!! One of our best years yet. The donation is
very appreciated (and needed!) and will be used for reproductive
supplies. We will be exchanging ferrets with other facilities very soon
and getting many new animals for next year's breeding season. Also, it
was a very exciting weekend with getting the Canada reintroduction site
on board!

Never a dull moment in the BFF recovery program! Thanks again for your
hard work in helping us save this amazing animal. Feel free to forward
this to your ferret list.

JoGayle Howard
-----

After I get home next week, I'll draw the names for the raffle and
contact the photo winners for their choice of a pic of kits, adults
or a family.

Linda