From:
Carol Vee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 22:45:34 EST
I watched Oprah the other day about the celebration of ones life.  The
subject of the show was not to focus on the day of the death, celebrate the
life and joy you shared with your loved one.  I hope Allegro's mother knows
that the music has not died, many other ferrets are dancing to the music of
her loved one crossing over the bridge.

My prayers are with you Dani and Weezer, we never want to give up, but
sometimes we must let go.  God bless.

Today I took Bailey and Elle in for their booster shots.  It is the fourth
time they have been to the vet since they came to live with me a month ago.
Since everyone was feeling good I decided to take all four and we would
visit my hairdresser who always hears about the babies but has never met
them.  The vet visit went all right except when the vet tried to check
Elle's temp.  No way would she stay still, no raisin, ferretone, laxatone
or nutrical would distract the attention that was focused on her rear end!
I told the vet to forget it and get to the shot.

I paid my bill, got in the car and drove the 3 miles to Tomi's place.  I
took the babies out of the car and noticed Elle holding her head down.  She
started shaking, nipping at the place where they had given her shot and
then she started throwing up.  Throwing up all over the place and other
ferrets in the cage!  I put them back in the car and raced back to the vet.
I called on the car phone so they knew to expect me.  The vet gave Elle
.14ml Diphenhydramine.  When he gave her the shot she wet on the table, it
had a dark tint to it that looked like blood.

The vet tech took Elle in her arms and held her like a baby for about 15
minutes.  She looked so sweet, like an angel.  The vet discussed the
possibilities with me, we decided I would take her home and collect a urine
sample and bring it back.  The tech handed my calm sweet angel to me, Elle
took one look at me and bit me hard and fast on my nose!  It hurt so bad,
but I loved her and told her how much I loved her, I assured her she would
be feeling better soon.  I had doubts about myself as I held back my tears.

She slept most of the after in her hammock Jackie made for her.  The urine
sample came back negative.  The vet said the next time she is due for
vaccinations we would pre med her.  What a heck of a day!  BTW my
hairdresser Tomi said my babies were pretty even if they did have vomit on
them!

Michael Janke, will you put the pictures of the ferrets entered in the
photo contest on the net?  If so please send me the web site.

Prayers and hugs to all the sick fuzzies and my prayers also to the
families who are adjusting to life without their loved ones.  Nothing could
be harder.

Carol, Oscar, Lilly, Bailey and Elle (I hope Lilly, Bailey and Oscar
forgive me for throwing up on them today, I's was sick to my stomach
mommie!)