From:
Jennifer Hoh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 08:25:30 -0400
Well, My Georgie came home from the doc.  last night after his blockage
surgery on Sat.  Little fellow gave me quite a scare!  (not to mention quite
a debt!  :) ) Anyway, he's certainly doing better, although he is still
quite nauseated and not really eating.  He ate 2 raisins and 1 kibble and
some nutracal yest.  AM at the vet's, but has eaten nothing for me--too
nauseated.  He wants to eat, but after a few licks starts this nauseated
behavior and stops again.  Sigh.  I'm going to try a little yoghurt (cherry
flavor, since it was a cherry pit got us into this mess, ) and go to the
store for some Pepto this pm.  His temp. is normal (101.5), he's drinking a
lot of water, and the elimination end of things seems to be going ok (no
blood, lots of urine).

At least his personality is back--nearly broke my heart when I visited him
at the vet's, pathetic little sick boy that he was.

So, anyone got a good remedy for ferret nausea?

Jen.

PS.  I forget who posted in response to Detinue, my cow ferret, but I liked
it and I propose we adopt a Fourth body type for ferrets: standard, bulldog,
whippet, and HEIFERRET!  LOL

JH, Schnitzel, Detinue and the sick boy George