From:
MRS PATRICIA L ISRAELSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 1995 14:01:58 EST
-- [ From: Patricia L. Israelson * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

To TLE;
   My deepest sympathies go out to you in the loss of your beloved
Vixen.  I, too, had a pet die in my arms and it is one of the hardest
things to experience.  You want so much to comfort them in their
confusion and pain, and all the while your heart is breaking inside.
My prayers are with you and I hope you will find peace and comfort in
the loving concern of your fellow ferret lovers here on the FML.
Sincerely,       Patricia Israelson and the Beggars and Thieves

To Anonymous Poster   RE:  Too Many Fuzzies?
   Can you ever have too many fuzzies?  I don't think so, although my
husband , Saint Roger, will disagree from time to time.  I wish I could
let them all out of their cages all the time, but we couldn't live in
this house if I did.  Unfortunately, most of them stay in large cages
and come in daily for play periods.  I let them play in the house with
all the toys until they curl up in a corner somewhere to go take a nap,
then I gather them back up and put them in their cages.  Then the next
group comes out to play, and so forth.  It works pretty well, and
everybody gets to come out and play, be loved on, and run around for a
while.  There are currently about 29 ferrets here as of this writing,.
but the number is about to change since there are two more little boys
coming in who were abandoned at a local animal shelter and are now on
their way to me.  I can't ever say no.  Fortunately, I have a high
turnover rate and they will be adopted out to loving homes.  I am very
thankful for the opportunity to care for these little guys until they
do go out to new homes.  If people like me didn't step in and do
something, what would happen to these babies?  I don't like to think
about that.  Excuse me while I go clean out some cages and play with my
fuzzy babies!

To:  Anonymous Poster   RE:  Blue Eyes
Baby Black-eyed White ferrets are born with a black or gray stripe down
the middle of their backs.  This will eventually disappear as they get
older and grow in their adult coats.  Sometimes their eyes will look
dark blue, but if you hold them in the right light you will see that
they are a deep burgundy.  It's really pretty.  I have had several
litters with BEWs and they are lots of fun.

Best Wishes to all the folks out there and the ferrets that own them!

  Patricia Israelson and the Beggars & Thieves Ferrets