From:
Maureen Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 1996 07:05:56 -0400
Hi FMLers,
We've had an addition to our "business".  My husband was tied down and
forced to buy a 10 week old Albino female (or so that's the story he told
me) while at the local pet store last week.

We've decided to call her Ruby because of those red, red eyes.  She was a
good size unlike the younger ferrets I hear some posters talking about at
their pet stores.  She's settled in and loves our three big boys.  She slept
with them the first night.  They have gone on to take turns dragging her
around but they're being careful with her and we've supervised at the
beginning.  She is the fiestiest little thing I've ever seen.  She jumps on
Dolittle who is three times her size.  The only sour point is the girls have
each taken a chunk out of her (Slinky got her nose, and Baby got her ear)and
can't be alone with her.  My girls are bad that way.

Well, we have 6 now and it will be quite a challenge this summer traveling
with all of them in our motorcoach.

Re: what is the Secret?  To the poster who wants to let his ferrets roam
free and yet protect them from danger...ours roam when we're home.  They're
out all day and are safe in their cages at night.  Sometimes the two boys
are allowed to sleep in back of the couch and are not put in because they
have a good track record.  They know where to poop and are consistant, and
usually sleep through the night.  The bottom line is the ferret's got to be
safe.  Sometimes they need to be protected from themselves.

It's great hearing about Bob's travels visiting FMLers.  This list should be
very proud to have produced such an offshoot.  The people on this list have
done a lot to be proud of considering Chere McCoy's post and the latest
Calif.  news not to mention what the Shelters (Trish, Kelleen, Danya) have
done for the little guys that needed rescuing.

Keep up the good work, and support your local shelter.  I'm a member of Fact
in Connecticut.  We've bought two from our local pet store but have adopted
two from Fact and rescued one from our neighborhood.

                Hug a Ferret!                      Moe