From:
Emily Dandy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:52:45 -0500
Okay I am seriously wishing ferrets could talk the human language I want
to know about the adventure.  Went home and 2.5yr old son had to potty.
He was yelling "There is poop in the bathroom."  Poop is in the corner.
I went in and it was Furkid poop.  My furkids are not free roaming caged
while we are away.  Anyhow when I saw the poop I immediately ran to see
if everyone was in the cage.  That is when I noticed the top floor door
open and knew what happened, left it open when refilling items in the
morning.  Glad I only left the top door seeing the baby furkid can't make
it to the top level yet.  Anyhow Nikki LOVES her cage and that is her
safe spot and no matter where she is if something frightens her she runs
there!  Of course she was curled in her bed.  THANK GOD!!!  The Furkids
are not usually allowed out of the room that the cage is in as we gate
it for playtime.  Before I did have 3 that did freeroam the house for
playtime and I am glad that we plugged holes because this could of been a
tragedy.  There is evidence that she did go downstairs seeing the trash
was toppled in the bathroom and the carpet by the shower was dug at.  I
just wish I knew what she did.  I'm glad that she is safe and I double
checked the doors this morning!  Of course she is getting doses of
Laxatone seeing I have no clue what she did get into and we did have a
very tired girl from all the activity during the day.

HELP.  I believe that my new baby is deaf.  He probably has that gene as
he is a panda silver mit.  We got Nikki (silver mit white bib)at 5 months
and we thought she might be deaf seeing nothing noise wise scared her.
It took her a month to react to noise.  Noises that scares her now didn't
scare her then and it isn't like she had bad experiences with the noisy
item.  She just got more alert at 6 months and finally heard a squeaky
toy and everything else in the house that didn't do vibration.  So can
they hear best after 6 months of age?????  Should I give it that long to
figure out if this guy is deaf??  Anyhow the new baby is 2 months of age.
Panda silver mit.  I believe he most certainly might be deaf.  What sites
and what info might you have and found helpful in raising a deaf baby and
what age should they be able to respond to sound?  He is very well
behaved.  Very gentle and LOVES cuddle time.  I've gone and visited some
sites already seeing we knew what we might be getting into but thought I
would get info from YOU.  Maybe you know of something else and we are
willing to learn all that we can.

Emily

A very happy family where furkid and humankid are treated alike and happy
we now are sharring our joy in furkids w.

Corey 4 yrs and Conor 2.5 yrs Humankids
Nikki 7 month old and Dunk'n 2 month old Furkids