From:
Debbie Honeysett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 15:00:04 -0400
Here's my list of ferret ailments....

Nelson (died at the age of 4 yrs.) chocolate MF, male - lymphoma

Jasmine (died at the age of 8 yrs.) marked white, MF, female - insulinoma
and adrenal

Max - 6 yrs. sable, MF, male - had left adrenal, 2 lge. nodules on his
pancreas, 2nd mast cell tumor removed at the age of 5.  Had his first
mast cell tumor removed at the age of 4.

Bandit - 6 yrs. sable, MF, male - left adrenal tumor removed at the age
of 5

Rascal - 6 yrs. sable, MF, male - left adrenal tumor just removed on
Friday 4/5/02.  Right adrenal is small but a funky color, BG was 81.
Now watching him for signs of insulinoma.

Willie - 6 yrs. albino, MF, male - healthy to date, no medical problems
except for rat tail every spring.

Abby - 4 yrs. sable, MF, female - healthy to date, no medical problems at
all

Sydney - 2 1/2 yrs. sterling silver, MF, female - healthy to date, no
medical problems at all.

Rascal was one of our original 3 ferrets we adopted in 1999 and the last
of the original 3 to have adrenal surgery.  With all the debate on MF, I
am not going to get in the middle of it, however, I would like to point
out that 5 of our 8 have had problems, we've lost 2 in the last 2 years
and they are all MF ferrets.  Coincidence?  Fluke?  I'm really wondering
at this point.

Deb Honeysett
A true friend comes once in a lifetime, they are there no matter what the
cause or reason, cherish them, they come once in a lifetime!