From:
Ingrid Heckt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:59:44 -0700
Once again, I have to entrust one of my babies to the care of the Boss,
and the bridge greeters who do such wonderful work for Him. Buzz was
called to the bridge today, to begin his new life- free of the pain of
the triple threat he had been living with for so long now; adrenal
disease, insulinoma, and lymphoma. He was a sweet little boy who came
to be part of our business 7 years ago this fall. I had just started a
new job, and mentioned that I had pet ferrets. A co-worker commented
"Oh, my son and his girlfriend have a ferret, but are looking for a new
home for him". Well, within a week, Buzz was living in my home, and
able to free roam for the first time in his life. He got along well
with everyone, bullies and scardy-cats alike. At the point when we had
to divide the kids into two groups, he went with the goup who needed a
leader and protector. He stayed the protector until the adrenal disease
made itself known through the increase in agression. Once we had him on
Lupron, he was able to stay with the "little kids" again. After a short
time, the insulinoma and lymphoma made themselves know, and he was one
of the "little kids" for real. He is nearly the last living of that
group, and will be looking for Willy, Woody and Pip when he gets to the
bridge. SarahFerret greeted Pip no long ago, so she will likely know
where to find my bunch, and make sure that Buzz hooks up with them. He
was so limited in mobility for the last little while; please make sure
he gets his wings and flying lessons right away. Also show him where
the big digging pile is, he loved to play outside in the dirt when he
was well.

Remind him of how much his mommy and daddy love him, tell him we want
him to play and be happy there, and we are so glad that he has no more
illness to keep him from being the fuzzy that the Boss meant him to be.
We will never forget you, FuzzBuzz.

Andy and Ingrid