From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2010 04:42:44 -0700
Just wanted to let you all know about a new glucose meter out there
and YES, you can use it for the ferrets. It was developed by my bosses
husband in Korea and is one of the most accurate meters on todays
market.

Here's the hitch, you have to have Medicare as your primary insurance
at this time in order to get it and the lancets & strips. I personally
own this meter and use it on myself and Chinook. I use his paw pad as
his sample site to check his glucose level for his insulinoma.

Your human medical doctor has to sign off on it for you to get it once
eligable to recieve it plus you have to be on state or federal Medicare
(red, white & blue card) and it has to be your primary health
insurance.

This meter is about the size of a cell phone and it allows you to take
samples from alternate sites as well as your fingers, takes about a
pencil dot of blood, no coding needs to be put in the meter to use the
strips, gives reading in 5 seconds and has a 250 test strip memory
built in to it. We offer other items as well but I figured those of
you who are on Medicare and have ferrets might be interested.

The name of our company is "Oxford Diabetic Supply" and out toll free
number is 1-877-391-9131. If you want to speak directly to me, my
extension is # 17.

I did show it to my vet when I was in 2wks ago and she said it will
work well for the ferrets so I thought I'd share.

Debi
Fuzzy Loving Ferrets Rescue