From:
"Mary L. McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 12:16:18 -0400
I have also had a problem about 3 weeks ago with a gastrointestinal bug.  My
very healthy 3 yo male, Fatso, came down with the same type of mucous-like
green diarrhea.  It was like a 24-hour flu virus where he just slept, drank
water, but ate no food.  He has never been sick before.  I immediately
thought ECE, but I guess it wasn't.  The vet gave him a shot (can't remember
what it was) and told me it was some type of colitus.  I also had him on
medication for about a week or so.

I had just brought home a new baby from a pet store and the vet said she was
probably a carrier.  Now, she did not get sick and neither did the other 3
ferrets who had prolonged exposure to her.  I had never heard of anything
like this until you guys posted.  Any more news on it?

Regarding pred & incontinence, I have noticed that with my two ferrets on
prednisone, Bear seems to be straining when he tries to poop (the other one,
Maggie, is fine).  I have seen Bear poop regularly, but he seems to continue
to strain for about 15 - 30 seconds once he's done.  I have given him Catlax
(on the advice of my vet) and than stopped when it seemed to help.  Should I
just keep dosing him with Catlax or could this be a bigger problem than I
thought?

Thanks for all your help - Good luck to Kodo!

Mary & Patrick ;-)

The Fuzzy Buttheads....
Fatso - "Where's my food dish?"
Skinny - "Let's play, you lazy bum."
Bear - "I want a toupee, Mom!"
Maggie - "Well, I need a whole new fur coat!"
Sweet Pea - "I want to play, play, play! 24 hours a day!"