From:
Maryi Mauney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:41:57 -0500
Hello,

I am at a loss right now.  I have had my babies for 4 weeks.  I bought
them from a nationwide pet store ( I am sure ya'll know the one.)
Thursday evening, Sable, my hyper and happy fuzzbutt was lying totally
limp & unresponsive.  She had shown no signs of illness that morning.

I took her to the emergency pet clinic and they revived her and stabilized
her.  I, of course made the decision to save her if there was hope.  $340
later, my baby had a catheter in her jugular vein and she looked miserable.
I fought with myself about the decision I had made.  I took her immediately
to her vet and found out that she had Coccidia.  The Dr. has ferts of her
own and loves these tiny creatures.  I left my baby there and took my other
in later to get her examined and get antibiotics for her.  ( She is doing
fine)

Friday evening I received a call that Sable had crossed over.

I never expected to be so attatched in such a short period of time.  But,
it has taken me this long to even be able to write about it.

My hubby was PO'd!!!  he called the store that we bought her from and the
asst.  manager informed us that they haven't sterilized their cage in
1 1\2 - 2 yrs!!!!!!!!!!!!

We contacted the vet, (she treats their ferts too), and the local ferret
shelter.  We are still waiting to see what the corporate offices have to
say about this.

The vet informed us that she has had alot of kits die from this chain
because of this.

Where do people draw the line between moral obligation and the bottom
line $$$$$.?

Streaker, my healthy one, is missing her cage mate.  She is adjusting
pretty well.  I just wish I could say that for the rest of the family.
Anyway, Thank you for listening.  Bye, Bye Sable.  Mommy, Daddy, and
Streaker will miss you.  You are a permanent part of our lives.  We WILL
make something good come of this!!!!!!!

Thank you again ya'll.

Sincerely,
Maryi, Paul & Streaker =20